Thursday, July 8, 2010

Grants Farm and Being 37 Weeks Pregnant

A couple of weeks ago, George and I had an unexpected free Saturday. I actually got up and put on my gym clothes, fully planning on attending a step class, and then I realized, "What am I doing? This may have been my previous plan, but now that George is free, we should do something as a family. We don't have much longer to do stuff like this before the baby comes!" So, I changed clothes and we decided to go to Grant's Farm. It was really hot, but we went early, so it wasn't AS bad. Apple was so excited to see the animals! Here, Apple shows us what she sees, which I think are monkeys.
Elephants are always a favorite!

We decided to let Apple try the carousel for the first time. At first, she was scared, but when it was going, she LOVED it! And of course, cried when we took her off of it!


We felt lucky that our family shot turned out this good! It was near the end of our trip and we were all uncomfortable with the heat!

Look at our little navigator. Let's just say she doesn't get this from me! (Well, except for the not watching where she's going part!)


I try to teach 'em young! One of my favorite things about going to places like this is Dippin' Dots. I love them, but I won't buy them unless I'm in an outside place. It was Apple's first time tasting them. She was pleased!
In other news, I am in week 37 of my pregnancy. It seems so odd to only have 3 weeks left. With Apple, I was getting ready to conduct a concert and arguing with my OB on why I should be allowed to have the concert instead of going on bed rest. I was also thinking that I really wanted to have the baby early (as long as it was after the concert!) This time around, I'm less anxious to have the baby. I'm trying really hard to have everything ready by the 20th of July. After that, the baby can come whenever. If baby takes its time, that's fine. I wouldn't mind having the rest! If baby comes early, that's fine too. I'm close to having everything ready, but I always feel like I don't have enough food prepared and frozen. And believe me, I have a LOT of frozen meals already. It still just doesn't seem like it's enough. And I still need to make and freeze loaves of bread. Baby clothes are washed, nursery is basically ready. I just keep chipping away at things. I would like to have everything ready early so I can relax as it gets closer. So far, I'm on schedule. I didn't gain any weight in the 3rd trimester at all until this past week when I put on 4 (That's right, FOUR) lbs. in 2 days. Yuck! Can you say water weight? I hope that trend doesn't continue!
I did want to post this picture of my touching the ground during week 37. When I would comment in my 2nd trimester about how I was surprised that I could still touch my toes (especially since this is a recent development anyway!) several people said, just wait until you're... Well, I'm pretty sure that I'm now... and look! I'm very pleased about this! Especially since being limber is supposed to help with labor. I do realize that it isn't exactly a flattering angle and my feet are swollen, but I still wanted the proof!








No comments:

Post a Comment