Friday, September 11, 2009

Recap of My Week

The following things occurred this week:

1. Got to spend Monday with George and Apple. We decided it was nice enough to take a walk, but where should we go? We decided on New Towne. We had never gone. I thought it was kind of creepy! It reminded me too much of Stepford or Pleasantville. And why is it in the middle of nothing? George was pleased with the ice cream shop though, and Apple liked the giraffes.

2. Ordered all the decorations and invitations to Apple's first birthday party.

3. Had to convince myself that Apple was indeed old enough for a first birthday party. Yep, she is.

4. Cleaned up after the boy that I watch peed on the carpet.

5. Changed Apple's clothes at least once a day, for several days.

6. Discovered that Apple is NOT ready for fast-flow nipples. (Wish I would have discovered that before number 5.)

7. Discovered that while babies are often still, they are never still when you are changing a poopy diaper.

8. Cleaned up poop.

9. Ran out of milk, cereal, and chicken.

10. Decided after a week with no caffeine (I was detoxing) that I was ready for a coffee.

11. Realized that I do NOT like caramel syrup in my coffee when I make said coffee at home.

12. Started a blog. Also decided that since certain family members have unique names, I would have to give them code names. Then laughed at George when he couldn't figure out the code names.

13. Finally only have 10 lbs left to go before I make it to my pre-pregnancy weight! Halleluia!

Isn't the life of a stay-at-home mom exciting?

3 comments:

  1. Why didn't you get a code name? I think Felicity is the obvious choice.

    Joni

    ReplyDelete
  2. Because I have a very common name. Everyone knows an Elizabeth. Although, Felicity sounds fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I completely agree with your description of New Town! I'm not usually an excitable person, but I was having panic issues when I couldn't find my way back out. I was convinced they had re-routed all of the streets to make sure no one could ever leave. Super cute, but super creepy!

    ReplyDelete