Sunday, October 11, 2009

Apple's Birthday

Apple's birthday was this last week, and we had her first birthday party. We tried to keep the numbers of guests down, because I thought it would be easier. Really, I guess it was, but I still went bezerko. Anyone who knows me shouldn't be even a little bit suprised by this! I originally thought for Halloween, I would like her to be a cupcake, but then I remembered that I don't REALLY know how to sew, and I don't thin kI could find that costume for a price I would be willing to pay, so instead, I decided to have her party theme be cupcakes. A huge thanks goes out to our good friend B for all of her help. B cleaned, iced cupcakes, helped prepare food (renamed some of it!), decorated, and just plain did whatever was needed. Thanks so much! B has that rare gift where she knows what needs to be done, and then does it. I'm good at helping, but I spend a lot of time looking around wondering what I should contribute. Here are some photos!


A family picture. We also have a picture that looks very similar from the day that we brought Apple home.
Apple really like playing with her balloons! She also liked them the next day, and the day after that!

Our cupcake princess. I was really hoping for one smile with her crown, but it just didn't happen!



This is Apple and me in her church clothes. It's now one of my favorite outfits. Look how nice the weather is!


The cake was a cupcake cake mold. It was cherry vanilla. The pink frosted cupcakes were raspberry lemon and the purple frosted ones were strawberry chocolate. They all tasted great! I was pleased and so was Apple!


So, the food. We grilled burgers and marinated pork. We also had salad, root vegetable chips (George insisted on potato chips, this was my compromise!), fruit salad, rasols (kind of like potato salad with pork, and some other stuff), and veggies. It was pretty good!

1 comment:

  1. Hey, you forgot to list the ruffly side dish! :) Love the outdoor pic of you and Apple. You look very skinny! Are those the new shoes you got for her?

    ReplyDelete